Alligator Creek - above Bruce Highway
- Wildlife habitat corridor: Riparian Corridor - major drainage
- Heritage Listing and Zoning: Currently unassigned.
- Natural Habitat Quality: Disturbed Habitat, Transformed and/or
- Conservation value: High.
- Important wildlife habitat.
- Perennial freshwater habitats.
- Closest flowing freshwater creek to Townsville.
- Best example of rainforest element riparian vegetation and flood
USES AND ISSUES
- Freshwater fishery.
- A catchment care group is currently being formed in Alligator
- National Park camping grounds.
- High-level of use for nature-based recreation (upper
- Floating aquatic weeds (including Pistia, Salvinia & Hyacinth)
require a catchment based integrated management approach.
- Exotic grass and fire regime management is required for riparian
areas which are currently disturbed in much of the lowland areas.
- Altered hydrology from levees, roads etc
(not yet defined)
1. RIKES (1990) p35,36. 2. Wetlands of Townsville (1996) Report 96/28
p9-10, 39. 3. Townsville - Thuringowa Strategy Plan (1996) - NCDP p14